CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, February 13, 2011

What Valentines Day is Today!

So I guess I feel like explaining why I hate Valentines Day so much! And really it comes down to one thing.


Now-a-days we find that Valentines Day is just a day to remind girls how alone they really are. But what is worse is that today, people put so much HYP on this day that if a girl doesn't have someone special in her life she should feel horrible. All the HYP makes girls WANT that couple idea where they get gifts and have someone to kiss and say I love you to. Sadly, most of those girls either do one of two things. One they go out and FIND a guy a few days before Valentines Day OR they cry their eyes out or get mad because of how the day makes them feel. And the way the feel is UNLOVED! HOW can anyone tell someone else they are unloved and think its ok? This day does that. EVERYONE does that! They make others feel unloved or cared for because they don't even have a guy. And in reality having a guy may not even make the day better.

Some guys aren't romantic. Take mine for example, when we first meet he was REALLY romantic, but not he is just his self. Not too romantic because we are at the point in our relationship where we are more focused on our selves than eachother, and in a way it is helping us grow in ourselves but also HURTING us (mainly me to a point) because he isn't that sweet romantic guy any more. Its all about him and I think its all about me, so we just fight. So my valentines day is gonna suck. Why because I decided to transfer colleges, because it wasn't planned well, because I BROKE HIS CAR, and because he is focused on his stuff and the things he needs to do! He didn't think ahead. He didn't do anything sweet specifically for valentines day like give me candy or flowers. DOES THAT CHANGE HOW I FEEL ABOUT HIM? NO! I still love him and I am grateful I spent time with him. It may have NOT felt like a Valentines day thing, but I still got that time. And somewhere in his head he really thought it was a Valentines day thing. So I AM HAPPY WITH IT! BUT because of how we are all raised believing that you have to RECEIVE flowers, candy, and teddy bears (which I really wanted) I was sad because I didn't get any of them! I couldn't be happy with what I got, which was STILL alot!

This is what Valentines day does to people! It makes us believe it has to be one way and if it isn't that way...well then we cry and get sad for the whole day! I have believed this for a LONG time and I still have a small sadness in my heart that I don't get flowers, candy, or a teddy bear this valentines day. Why? Because thats how I was raised...its what I was taught. People DON'T like to feel left out and watching COUPLES everywhere having a good time only ADDS to the sadness that we were taught to have!

If people took the day for what it was meant to be for, SHOWING YOU LOVE OTHERS!! Then maybe it would be a different story. Instead it is about being with a guy or girl.

This is why I hate Valentines Day! Because it HURTS EVERYONE who isn't a couple and because Valentines Day made me SAD with the TIME and personal (not physical) time I got to spend with my Love!

0 comments: